Shopping for a Bathing Suit:
1 Walk into a dressing room carrying a handful of barely there suits, strings hanging and hangers entangled.
2. Separate and organize the madness and proceed to get undressed.
3. Stare at your pasty white skin in the well lit mirror and instantly become horrified at the sight.
4. Regain your composure just in time to face the harsh reality that you will have to dust off your razors and actually shave again. It’s also time to make that dreaded bikini wax appointment. Your mood is completely tarnished and you haven’t even tried on a suit yet!!!!!
5. Cringe as you put on the first suit and look down out the flimsy crotch protector, all the while envisioning the other women who have tried on this same one!! Why can’t I be a male right now?
6. Finally the suit is on and the reflection staring back at you is unrecognizable. Where is the six pack and toned body you pledged to have on January 1 when you made your New Year’s resolution?
7. Leaving empty-handed and depressed, you swear off the beach this year.
Does this scenario sound all too familiar? Well, after much deliberation and soul searching, bathing suits will not get the best of me. I am happy to announce that styles are evolving and the ever reigning string bikini is taking a backseat. Trendy and very flattering one-pieces and high wasted styles are making a strong comeback and I couldn’t be more ecstatic!
Most women and men are under the impression that the only “sexy” swimsuit style is a bikini. Showing more skin, however, is stressful and overwhelming. Leave a little more to the imagination and opt for a one piece. They are beyond flattering and there are several design styles and features to help you look phenomenal. A one-piece will cover your flaws, while still baring some skin. If you want to accentuate your smaller chest, purchase a suit with flounce on the chest. It gives the impression of a larger bust. If your tummy is an issue, find a suit with a control top or ruching. It will smooth and flatten.
With so many colors and patterns, why not standout. Black is certainly a safe option but dare to be unique and choose bright and bold colors. Your kids will never have a hard time spotting their mommy on the beach! Confidence is key. Don’t worry about what other men and women think. Focus on “you” and strut your stuff. Odds are, most other women are too absorbed in their own insecurities to even begin dissecting yours. Take a deep breath, begrudgingly shave your legs, and slip on your new suit. You are beautiful. Embrace that beauty and own it this season.
“Because one believes in oneself, one doesn’t try to convince others….”- unknown.
Shop Bathing Suits: